This chicken looks so strange when you marinade it. The marinade is a washed out pink that really gives the chicken a gross appearance before it’s cooked. But the end result is so delicious, it’s worth the grossness to start with, and lets be fair, what raw chicken looks good anyway? I like to cook this in the oven and give it a blast on the BBQ just before serving. This makes for a really juicy chicken, with a little bit of the grill smokiness we all love… Just try it, you won’t regret it… Winner winner chicken dinner… we ate this outside and just picked it off the bones with spicy oregano potatoes and grilled corn…
One whole chicken
1 onion, grated
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
4 bay leaves
5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 lemon, halved
- In a one gallon ziploc bag, place all the marinade ingredients and combine.
- Add the chicken and seal the bag, smooshing the marinade all over the chicken.
- Marinade overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from bag and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place halved lemon in chicken cavity and place in deep oven tray.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast chicken for one hour twenty minutes.
- If required, grill on BBQ all sides until skin is blackened.
- Cover and rest for 20 minutes for delicious, moist chicken.