I hadn’t made ribs until I came to the States. It’s one of those foods I had no interest in, but I’m a willing cook, so when Handsome said he wanted some, I started looking at recipes! There seems to be a real movement towards dry ribs instead of wet marinades. Well, I’m okay with that, although when I think of ribs I think of people sucking thick sauce off their hands, but whatever! Dry it is. This is a combination of a million recipes I read, and of course, I think mine is the best. Let me know what you think. Get grilling people!
This recipe works with other meats and you can bake the ribs in advance, then refrigerate until you need them for the grill (bring back up to room temp before you grill).
- 1 slab baby back pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Use kitchen paper to pat the rib rack dry and trim any visible fat off the slab
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle all over the rack
- Bake in oven for 2.5 hours
- The ribs can be set aside until later (refrigerate if longer than 30 mins resting time)
- Grill the ribs for 4 minutes on each side and serve! Delicious!