I can’t help it. I want to roast every vegetable I see. Boiling and steaming is so boring and I love the charred flavours and texture of roasted vegetables, instead of that ever present possibility of overcooking. Plus, let’s be honest, you can just forget about roasting vegetables, and so get on with the rest of your life while they transform themselves in the oven. I needed inspiration for some dull cauliflower the other day, and then was inspired by the options I read online until I just mixed them up and went for it.
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, with the core somewhat removed, but don’t stress about it…
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A generous grind of salt and black pepper
- Half a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
- Core the cauliflower with a small paring knife, leaving the head intact
- Sprinkle oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder all over the florets
- Roast in the oven until knife tender and dark brown all over (1 to 1.5 hours)
- Squeeze the half lemon all over the top and serve!