This delicious pork serves 4 and can be cooked throughout the year with various accompaniments to match the season. It is excellent with roasted vegetables, it is excellent with lentil salad, or even a light lunch with green salad. We make this over and over again and if there are only two of you eating it? The leftover slices the next day are tender and juicy and make an excellent sandwich.
1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon fresh) Zest of one lemon
1 pork tenderloin (trimmed of any fat or sinew) Pinch of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine the oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the olive oil into the tenderloin, then sprinkle on the dry mix and rub into meat. Cover and rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours (can be overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat large frying pan with a small splash of olive oil to medium high heat.
- Brown pork in pan on all sides, turning about every 2 mins for 6 mins.
- Place in oven for 20 mins.
- Rest for 10 mins under foil and tea towel.
- This is great serviced in thick slices, but they can be thinner if you need to feed more people.