This recipe came from recipes.com, but I removed the sugar as I think it completely changes the dish. These are delicious, tangy and not unlike a great variation on pickled vegetables. They should definitely be served as an accompaniment to something rich, like cold cuts or cheese and they are great with antipasto.
3 cups small fresh mushrooms (whole)
2 small zucchini (bias cut 1 inch slices and halved)
1 small red pepper (cut into smallish pieces)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place mushrooms, zucchini and pepper in a large gallon ziploc bag.
- Mix marinade ingredients (lemon juice, oil, salt, peper, garlic, oregano) well with whisk.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and seal ziploc.
- Shake bag and turn over several times.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours, turning occasionally.