If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, light, summery pasta recipe, this is the one for you. It combines lemon, mushroom, garlic, thyme, parmesan and olive oil to make a moreish pasta dish that gives you different flavors with every bite. We absolutely loved it and like my super spicy turkey zucchini burger recipe, I know we will be having this once a week too! Nigella is hitting all my high points at the moment! I only had a quick flick through her website and I found so many recipes that inspired me. I recommend adding some chili flakes as well, to give this a kick. I served it with a green salad and homemade garlic bread (recipe to follow). If you want something quick and easy to put on your table tonight with minimum effort and maximum flavor, this is the one for you. I can’t say enough good things about it…
8oz baby bella mushrooms 1/3 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 3 cloves garlic, crushed 1 lemon, zested and juiced 1 tablespoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon chili flakes 1 packet linguine Handful fresh parsley, chopped 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large pot of water on to boil
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, combine the oil, garlic, thyme, salt, chili flakes, lemon juice and zest and some good turns of black pepper. Smoosh about in the bag to combine.
- Slice the mushrooms (not too fine)and add to the bag, then close and move it about vigorously to ensure all the mushrooms get some of the marinade.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions and drain, but keep some of the starchy water.
- Return the pasta and water to the large saucepan and pour over the mushrooms and marinade immediately, while it is still hot.
- Too all the ingredients together (I used tongs to great effect) then add the parsley, parmesan and some more pepper before serving. Delicious!Lovely lemony linguine with garlic, mushrooms and thyme