I have been looking for a good Bailey’s chocolate cheesecake for a while. My old friend Brittany made it for her hubby for Valentine’s Day one year and we got the leftovers… it was incredible! So I have scoured the recipes looking for a likely candidate and on the weekend, saw this lovely looking recipe by lovefoodies.com (triple chocolate cheesecake). I tried it, with my special twists, and low and behold, it’s the same taste and texture as I used to get in my local deli, with a delicious hit of baileys thrown in too. I use English digestive biscuits here, because I think that’s what cheesecakes are all about, but you could use whatever you prefer, and a chocolate biscuit would certainly go down a treat, but there is such a thing as chocolate overkill!
1 1/2 cups digestive biscuits, placed in a ziploc and bashed until very fine
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted for 30 secs in microwave)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons Baileys or other coffee liqueur
8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips (melted in microwave or over a bain marie)
24 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine crust ingredients (biscuits, sugar, butter, cocoa powder) in a bowl. Press firmly into springform pan, with some raised up the sides.
- Bake crust for 10 mins and then cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F.
- Combine yoghurt and baileys in a large bowl. Add the cocoa powder, cream cheese and salt, beating with a hand or electric whisk (use the electric whisk on low).
- Add the chocolate and combine, then the eggs.
- Pour over the crust, and place in the oven and cook for another 60-70 mins.
- Cool to room temperature in pan, then refridgerate overnight.
- Slice with a sharp knife dipped in hot water for the best presentation.